Back in April, I was nominated for the Liebster Award but I got distracted and when I get distracted, I tend to forget about things, which is what happened with this.
I would love to thank elianasin over at thewrittenopinion for nominating me, and I’m sorry it took me this long to remember and make this post. Like the awesome blogger who nominated me, I had no idea of this award so, I’m going to give you the rules.
- Thank the person/people that nominated you by providing a link to their blog in your Liebster Award post
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions from the blogger/s who nominated you
- Nominate 11 other blogs that have 200 followers or less
- Ask your nominees 11 questions of your own
11 facts about me
- I have two tattoos, a heart with wings breaking out of a chain and Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas
- I have a cat, whom I love and spoil
- I read everyday
- Unless I’m at work, where I have to interact, I’m a really shy person
- I have a journal that I wrote poetry in while in high school
- I can’t part with a bunch of my books because I love re-reading them
- My favorite movie is The Nightmare Before Christmas
- I got a little drunk for the first time on 6/19 and I’m 23
- I was a clarinet in marching band and I still do a few marching moves every now and again
- I have ADD and if something can’t hold my focus, I am easily distracted
- I love Disney and DreamWorks movies
Questions from elianasin:
1. What is your least favorite book and why?
There were quite a few books that I didn’t like and couldn’t finish but I think the one that is my least favorite would probably have to The Skin Map by Steven Lawhead. I loved his other books and I guess that’s why this one sticks out to me because it was just so boring that I couldn’t finish it.
2. What book have you reread the most?
I think it’s a bit of a tie between Dark Celebration and Dark Magic, both by Christine Feehan. Those books are the ones that are seriously falling apart.
3. What do you always look for in a good book? (great plot, character development etc.)
The writing is something that can either make or break a book for me. If it doesn’t get me by at least the first or second chapter, I can’t go on. Besides that, for me there has to been a good mix of plot, romance, comedy, and suspense, with a little drama mixed in. The characters should also grow and become greater when they find themselves, unlike some books I’ve read where the character seemed to go backwards.
4. If you could meet any author (dead or alive) who would it be and what would you ask them?
Christine Feehan and I would ask her how does she keep up with all of these story lines and all of those characters in her head because she has four series that she is currently working on and I can’t imagine all of that work that she has to do to keep them separate and keep them from sounding like each other.
5. What book prompted you to love reading?
My first memory of reading excessively, the books that made me love reading, were the Goosebumps books by R. L. Stine.
6. What is you favorite TV show?
It’s a tie between Supernatural and Once Upon A Time.
7. If your house was one fire what is the one thing you’d save?
I’m going to be a little smartass about this one and say a bag that has my Kindle and my book journals inside of it. Not being a smartass, my Kindle.
8. What book has changed your perspective on something, made you think twice about something or passionately moved you?
The Choosing by Rachelle Dekker. Maybe it was a good thing that I waited to do this because if I had done it when I was nominated, I couldn’t have answered this question. This book moved me so much, I try to sell it to everyone where I work.
9. What books are you desperate to get your hands on right now?
Christine Feehan books, even though they aren’t out yet
10. If you could write your own book what would it be about and why?
Probably something in the paranormal genre. I’m not that great at romance so I don’t know if it would have a lot of that. I love the paranormal genre, even paranormal romance and I find it all so interesting, fun, and emotional.
11. Favorite type of ice cream?
It’s a tie between Cookies ‘N Cream and Rocky Road
I can’t really come up with anymore nominations since everyone I’ve looked at as already done this so, I nominate everyone else who hasn’t been nominated.
- What’s your favorite movie?
- What is your favorite genre?
- Who is/are your favorite author/s?
- Do you prefer e-books or physical books?
- What’s your favorite TV show?
- Would you get a tattoo if you don’t have one already and what would it be? If you do have tattoos, what is it or what are they?
- What’s your favorite food?
- What’s your favorite animal?
- If you could have lunch with any famous person, living or dead, who would it be and what would you ask them?
- What book made you fall in love with it and left you speechless?
- What book/s made you a bookworm?